Corporate workshops from My Food Garden with a theme of organic gardening and urban agriculture. These corporate workshops aim to:
- Be a catalyst for a more resilient and environmentally conscious workplace and wider community
- Promote holistic health and well being: social and emotional, intellectual, physical, spiritual and mental
- Build community with your staff around a healthy pursuit that aids work-life balance.
Our workshops can be held in your office or in locations where more hands-on organic gardening activities can be undertaken. Workshop options are as follows:
- Lunch time in your office – One hour workshop to engage and inform your staff and most importantly to open their awareness to the benefits of growing their own food. This workshop would combine a slide presentation, group activity and facilitated conversation. Workshop titles are: How to grow food in small spaces, Build community with your food garden, Using your food garden for mindfulness, How to establish an office food garden, Why grow food in cities – the urban agriculture opportunity. Content of these workshops can be tailored to your HR and sustainability focus.
- Hands-on workshops – These range from 2 hours up to 2 days and are focused on building up your organic food growing knowledge. Most of these workshops are held at our beautiful property in Brisbane. Where a workshop is specifically designed for your staff, customers or stakeholders, a quotation would be provided based on the specific focus and number of participants. We are able to run workshops in your existing office food garden and in selected food gardens in major cities around Australia.
Our workshops have been running since 2007. Corporate and government clients are: Arcadis, Lendlease, Mirvac, Brisbane Airport Corporation, Boeing, Moreton Bay Regional Council, Goodstart Early Learning, C&K Child Care, Millen Farm, Independent Schools QLD, University of QLD (International Water Centre) and Brisbane Development Authority.
Corporate workshops are presented by Peter Kearney, My Food Garden joint founder. Peter has over 20 years hands-on experience of organic and biodynamic food growing and since 2007 has provided educational workshops, mentoring and consulting on urban agriculture. Peter’s knowledge, combined with his consulting background and presentation skills, gives him the ideal mix to inspire audiences into action at experiencing the joys of growing their own food.
Contact us to book a workshop. We are open to running workshops around Australia in your offices.